Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Smiley Face Phenomenon


I wonder if you've noticed.

The Smiley Face Phenomenon! Do you not know?

Haha, okay, just being annoying here.

I don't know if it's the stress from studying or is it just the melancholia of the world, but recently, I discovered that all I have to do is to draw a smiley face anywhere (on my hand, on my notes, on my homework) and I immediately feel cheered up.

And through my years of "research", -ahem-, I've discovered that the curvier the smile is, the happier it looks! And I've discovered that different people like to draw their smiley faces differently. Some with two dots for the eyes, some with elongated smiles, some with two parallel lines for the eyes, some with a nose, some with no nose.

Anyway anyhow, I think smiley faces are a wonderful thing, simply for the cheeriness they bring.

And I think another reason for the rise in the use of smiley faces (ohmygoodness that sounds so economics-y) is that people now are losing their joy, losing their hope, losing reason to be happy. But the little smiley face is somehow a sign of how they still cling on to it, and reminds them that somewhere out there, there still might be a reason to be happy.

Mom's a teacher, and she was telling me that there was this one day, to reward a child, she asked this boy in kindergarten whether he wanted her to draw a smiley face. He said, no, I want a sad face.

So sad right!! Where got kids want sad face oneeee. C'mon man, what's the world coming to?

So stop drawing smiley faces and start living out what it stands for!

Sidetrack-which-is-still-quite-relevant-to-this-post:
I think Mr Bean is another epitome of what Smiley Faces stand for, because everytime I pass by it right, I just feel all cheered up inside of me. Haha. I just love everything about it, the cheeriness, the whiteness of the place, the freshness of the soya bean, the everything!


Go and try the soya bean ice-cream, I love it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) <<<< thats how i like to draw my smiley :) haha

Cheryl said...

Haha, my smiley is the other way round (: Caleb! Your smiley is a reflection of my smiley! (:

Miss Kon said...

yeah caleb my smiley is same as yours!! :) :) :)

Miss Kon said...

cheryl i don't like to write my smiley the way you write it 'cos it's soooo weird. (: haha. annnyyways, thanks for smiling!