Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hosanna!

Just imagine this..


The disciples went and did as Jesus had instructed them. They brought the donkey and the colt, placed their cloaks on them and Jesus sat on them. A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted.


"Hosanna to the Son of David!"

"Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!"

"Hosanna in the highest!"


When Jesus entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, "Who is this?"

The crowds answered, "This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee."

Matthew 21:6-11



Although I came across this verse many times, I read it again today and it took my breath away. Because I could imagine the glory, the triumph when Jesus entered Jerusalem. I could imagine if I were in the crowd, surely I would be ecstatic! Jesus needed no finery or trumpets or grand horses. He himself was enough, "gentle and riding on a donkey on a colt". He came in a way that was humble but yet the people shouted "Hosanna!" and blessed his name, welcoming the King of kings and Lord of lords, praising Him and exalting him.

Wow.

P.S
'Hosanna' is a Hebrew expression meaning "Save!" which became an exclaimation of praise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be very honest.

I was struggling with a pride issue until i saw this post. God spoke to me through it and I was very touched by the message that was embedded within. I learnt a lesson in humility.

It's indeed Hosanna in the highest! :)

Anonymous said...

i guess this shows how God's glory is different from the world's glory. afterall.. we cant take the world's glory to heaven. haha. nice point u're making.

jahhhh.... ok... i realised how long i've mia-ed. and yes.. i went to catch up on ur other post and put in my 2 cents worth. haha. i cant wait to get back to church after my rugby season man.

i still love (x100) touch!

Anonymous said...

God's really awesome =D indeed, Hosanna in the Highest. He Saves!